In cooperation with Dr. Sthamer H2K organizes an annual Foam School
The Foam School will take place from March 11 - 15, 2024 on the training centre in Vernon France. This former refinery site, with all its utilities was transformed in a well-equipped centre for realistic training of credible industrial incidents.
The Foam School is accredited by the not-for-profit JOIFF organisation. (www.JOIFF.com) The training has been especially designed for those who have to deal with or have responsibility for emergency response in case of large-scale flammable liquid firefighting but also for insurance company personnel and fire engineers to gain more insight into fixed and mobile foam systems.
The Foam School is a blend of theory, workshops, demonstrations and practical firefighting. The training is provided by instructors from H2K and Dr. Sthamer.
Included in the training program are the following topics:
• New developments and insights on foam systems, fire fighting foams and polar solvents
• NFPA 11: Standard for Low-, Medium-, and High-expansion Foam
• EN 1568: Fire extinguishing media, foam concentrates, specification for low expansion foam concentrates for surface application to water-immiscible liquids
• EN 13565: Fixed firefighting systems, foam systems, design and construction and maintenance
• Foam selection: testing, rating, storage and stability and international standards
• Fire fighting foams: fluor free foam concentrates, C6 foam concentrates, legislation and good practises
• Incident scenarios at atmospheric tanks and bunded areas
• Lessons learned
• Demos of fire fighting response with Nozzle Aspirated Foam (NAF)
• Demos of fire fighting with Compressed Air Foam (CAF)
• Small scale demonstrations with F3 foam on a wide variety of fuels
• Small scale demonstrations of boil over and slop over
• Practical training
The practical training will include training of real onsite tank fire, fire in a bunded area, onsite tank fire, hydrocarbon jet fires and a large-scale ethanol pool fire.The foam school is a 5-day event commencing on Monday at dinnertime. Friday is a travelling day also.
The cost of the Foam School 2024 is € 2.975,00 per person. These costs do not include VAT, travel, bunker gear, PPE and accommodation. All refreshments and meals at the school are included. Registration for the training is possible using the form below.
For more information about airport transport to Vernon, hotel accommodations, training location and training program please contact H2K.
Participation can be cancelled free of charge, 30 days before the training starts. Afterwards, all costs will be charged. H2K reserves the right to cancel at least 14 days prior to the training in case of insufficient registrations.