In cooperation with Dr. Sthamer H2K organizes an annual Foam School
The 5-day H2K Foam School will take place on the training centre in Vernon France. This former refinery site, with all its utilities was transformed in a well-equipped centre for realistic training of credible industrial incidents.
The Foam School is accredited by the not-for-profit JOIFF organisation. (www.JOIFF.com) The training has been especially designed for those who have to deal with or have responsibility for emergency response in case of large-scale flammable liquid firefighting but also for insurance company personnel and fire engineers to gain more insight into fixed and mobile foam systems.
The Foam School is a blend of theory, workshops, demonstrations and practical firefighting. The training is provided by instructors from H2K and Dr. Sthamer.
Included in the training program are the following topics:
• New developments and insights on foam systems, fire fighting foams and polar solvents
• NFPA 11: Standard for Low-, Medium-, and High-expansion Foam
• EN 1568: Fire extinguishing media, foam concentrates, specification for low expansion foam concentrates for surface application to water-immiscible liquids
• EN 13565: Fixed firefighting systems, foam systems, design and construction and maintenance
• Foam selection: testing, rating, storage and stability and international standards
• Fire fighting foams: fluor free foam concentrates, C6 foam concentrates, legislation and good practises
• Incident scenarios at atmospheric tanks and bunded areas
• Lessons learned
• Demos of fire fighting response with fixed foam systems
• Practical training
The practical training will include training of real onsite tank fire, fire in a bunded area, onsite tank fire, hydrocarbon jet fires and a large-scale ethanol pool fire.
The foam school is a 5-day event commencing on Monday at dinnertime. Friday is a travelling day also.
Do you wish to obtain more information about the Foam School of find out when the next event is scheduled? Please feel free to contact us.